Saturday, June 25, 2011

Nightshade

Title: Nightshade
Author: Andrea Creamer
Rating: 5/5
SummaryCalla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she'll be the mate of sexy alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers. But when she violates her masters' laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. By following her heart, she might lose everything--including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice?
My Thoughts: Calla is a Guardian -- she exists as both wolf and human (DON'T call her a werewolf), and her sole purpose in life is to protect the sacred places of the Keepers. The fate of all humanity depends upon it. Calla also happens to be the female alpha of her pack, and in just a few short weeks will have her union ceremony with the male alpha of the neighboring pack, Ren. 

Calla has never questioned her lot in life, until she stumbles upon a human boy who's being attacked by a bear, and feels inexplicably compelled to protect him. She saves him, breaking several of the Keepers laws in the process. She is shaken by her disobedience, but vows to move on. But when the boy shows up at her school on Monday as a transfer student, she has a feeling her life is about to get very complicated. 

I absolutely LOVED Nightshade! I have to admit I'm not usually a huge vampire or werewolf fan (or wolf fan, as the case may be here), but I was completely blown off my rocker by this fabulous debut. If I could give it six stars, I would. SO GOOD. Calla is one of my favorite YA heroines of all time - she's smart, funny, strong and resilient. And the two love interests, Ren and Shay? All I can say is WOW. The only problem is that I can't decide if I'm Team Ren or Team Shay! This book is a must read!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment