Thursday, June 2, 2011

Mocking Jay (The Hunger Games # 3)

Title: Mocking Jay (The Hunger Games # 3)
Author: Suzanne Collins
Rating: 5/5
Summary:Young Katniss Everdeen has survived the dreaded Hunger Games not once, but twice, but even now she can find no relief. In fact, the dangers seem to be escalating: President Snow has declared an all-out war on Katniss, her family, her friends, and all the oppressed people of District 12. The thrill-packed final installment of Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games trilogy will keep young hearts pounding.
My Thoughts: I’m never very good at predicting outcomes. Nothing I could’ve predicted would have been quite as good as this. Although I did get close (a very distant "close") on a few things, and I was right in saying that it wouldn’t be walking through a field of flowers and sunshine. A book like this just couldn’t be. It's good, and yet not good. Because it’s good in a very heartbreaking, chilling, haunting, intense way.  However, it was very realistic, and I realized Suzanne choose to write the truth rather than please her readers. Its this risk that proves to me that she is an amazing author. I can't wait to read something more from her! 

No comments:

Post a Comment