Friday, June 3, 2011

Nicola and the Viscount

Title: Nicola and the Viscount 
Author: Meg Cabot
Rating: 4/5
Summary : Nicola always gets what she wants.
Nicola Sparks, sixteen and an orphan, is ready to dive headlong into her first glittering London society season. She's also ready to dive headlong into the arms of handsome and debonair Lord Sebastian Bartholomew. Nicola's dream is a proposal from the viscount—a dream she's about to realize at last! So naturally, Nathaniel Sheridan's insinuations about her fiancé's flawed character annoy her mightily.
But when Nicola's natural curiosity gets the best of her, she begins to piece together a few things for herself. To her great surprise, Nicola realizes she's had the wrong viscount all along . . . but is it too late to make things right?
My Thoughts: I enjoyed this book. It was a bit wordy at times--explaining society and how it worked. I tried to take into account that since it's a YA and meant for teens or pre-teens (who might not know the inner-workings of a Victorian society), it might have been necessary. But I still felt like it was a bit much and ended up skipping over a few paragraphs. 
Other than that, I thought the characters were well drawn. I especially liked Sir Hugh, though he wasn't in the story much. He intrigued me. I wish I could know his story. And Nathaniel Sheridan makes me sigh.  Entertaining and a quick, light read!

No comments:

Post a Comment