Thursday, June 2, 2011

Ex-mas

Title: Ex-mas
Author: Kate Brian
Rating: 3/5
Summary: Two Exes. One holiday adventure. Merry Ex-Mas?
Seventeen-year-old Lila Beckwith's parents just left for vacation, and Lila's all set to throw the holiday party of the season. But when her Christmas-obsessed little brother, Cooper, discovers that global warming is melting the North Pole, he and his best friend, Tyler, take off on a runaway mission to save Santa.
Lila has to get Cooper safely home before her parents get back on Christmas Eve. But the only person who can help her is Tyler's older brother, Beau — a.k.a. Lila's musician, anti-everything ex-boyfriend.
It'll take more than a Christmas miracle for Lila and Beau to overcome their differences and find their fugitive brothers. But could a journey destined for disaster help these polar opposites fall in love...all over again?
My Thoughts: The love story rocked... the plot moved pretty quickly... the only thing that really bothered me about this book was I didn't feel like there was total closure. I wasn't sure what Kate Brian's argument was about going along with the crowd vs. going completely against the crowd... It seemed like she was leaning towards going completely against the crowd, which annoys me... not doing something just because the popular kids are doing it is just as bad as doing something because the popular kids are doing it. The point is, you've got to find out what works for you and stick with it. Plus, I wasn't sure their relationship would actually last, which made me sad. I mean, they did nothing but argue with each other, and mostly about extremely stupid things-- and nothing changed really to make me think they'd stop arguing. Yes, a little arguing is normal in an relationship, but not on their level. 
Otherwise, I thought it was a fun read!

No comments:

Post a Comment