Friday, October 7, 2011

Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #1)

Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1)Title: Linger: Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #1)
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Rating: 3.2/5
Summary: Grace and Sam share a kinship so close they could be lovers or siblings. But they also share a problem. When the temperature slips towards freezing, Sam reverts to his wolf identity and must retreat into the woods to protect his pack. He worries that eventually his human side will fade away and he will be left howling alone at the lonely moon. A stirring supernatural teen romance
My Thoughts: Maybe it was all the hype about this book but I think I had something else in mind when I started reading this. I thought it was good but maybe a little boring at times. My favourite characters weren't even the main two. I really liked Beck and Isabel. Now they were exciting.

I enjoyed the sad tone of the book. Grace's despair at the end was delightful... in a non sadistic kind of way. I just really enjoy when an author can put me in the characters shoes.

I found the ending a little confusing. I'm not really sure what happened. It all seemed a little rushed. I will definately read Linger. I'm just not anticipating it as much as the other books I've read.

No comments:

Post a Comment