Friday, October 7, 2011

Lola and the Boy Next Door

Lola and the Boy Next DoorTitle: Lola and the Boy Next Door
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Rating: 4/5
SummaryBudding designer Lola Nolan doesn’t believe in fashion . . . she believes in costume. The more expressive the outfit -- more sparkly, more fun, more wild -- the better. But even though Lola’s style is outrageous, she’s a devoted daughter and friend with some big plans for the future. And everything is pretty perfect (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the dreaded Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood. 

When Cricket -- a gifted inventor -- steps out from his twin sister’s shadow and back into Lola’s life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.

My Thoughts: Lola is one of those main characters who is easy to connect with. She has flaws, oh yes major flaws, like putting her idiot boyfriend before her friends. Lying to her parents, leading poor Cricket along. However, it's these flaws that make her wonderful to read because she is a realistic character. And I loved her. She is so unique with quirky fashion style that really makes her stand out. She adores her parents, Nathan and Andy. I really like that. They are such a great, loving family. Now as I said she is flawed, she doesn't always make the right descision. Like her sleeze of a boyfriend Max, argh I hated that guy. He is so creepy and I just wanted to punch him and shake Lola to make her see sense. 

Everything changes for Lola when the Bell family move back next door. Cricket and Calliope Bell, Twins who used to be friends with Lola. Calliope comes across as a major Bitch and I honestly didn't like her all that much. BUT Cricket, oh dear god. Cricket, so sweet and lovely. I want a Cricket!!! He is one of the boys that your parents would love, one that would treat you good, one that you really would fall in love. And yes, I did. I fell bad!

Lola and the Boy Next Door just flows perfectly. It keeps your attention and doesn't let it go. Stephanie has yet again took a simple story with teenagers, wrong descisions, and falling in love and turns it into something wonderful and magical that turned me into mush LoL. 

Favorite part of the book: ANNA AND ST.CLAIR! I thought it uber cute of Stephanie to include them into the story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment