Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Catching Jordan

Catching JordanTitle: Catching Jordan
Author: Miranda Kennealy
Rating: 4/5
SummaryWhat girl doesn't want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn't just surrounded by hot guys, though - she leads them as the captain and quarterback on her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys, and that's just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university. But now there's a new guy in town who threatens her starring position on the team... and has her suddenly wishing to be seen as more than just a teammate.


My Thoughts: I finished this late last night and then went to bed and ending up dreaming about throwing footballs. I can't throw a football and being the lazy girly girl that I am, I know nothing about football except that the guys look good in the uniforms. :) So, it was a shock to me. 

I really liked this book. If you didn't know that the protagonist was a girl then at the very beginning you would swear a boy was telling it. I liked that surprise. Jordan is fun and tomboyish. I like how she spoke like a boy and hung out with boys and they treated her as an equal teammate and captain. I liked how they took her orders without question. I want that kind of control over boys. :) 

Henry frustrated me. I like him but he pissed me off. I just simply wished he'd stop pouting sooner and kiss her. 

I didn't really like Ty. I didn't like how he tried to jump in and boss the team around like he had the authority. I'm glad Henry punched him a few times. :) 

My favorite part is the Henry's a mother at football practice scene. Too funny! I giggled a lot. 

All the other characters were really likeable and funny. I loved the story. I like a protagonist that can hold her own against the best of em. Basically, read it! You will like it.

1 comment:

  1. i READ THIS BOOK THANKS TO YOU AND FELL IN LOVE WITH IT! keep 'em posts coming :)

    ReplyDelete