Sunday, December 25, 2011

Bleeding Heart (Drake Chronicles #4)

Bleeding Hearts (Drake Chronicles, #4)Title: Bleeding Heart (Drake Chronicles #4) 
Author: Alyxandra Harvey
Rating: 4.3/5
SummaryThe Drakes and friends will be tested when an infestation of deadly vampires threatens Violet Hill. 

Lucy's cousin Christabel has come to live in Violet Hill, and adjusting to the difference between life in a small mountain town and her home in the city is difficult enough. The strict curfew that Lucy's parents enforce is the worst part. Something really dangerous couldn't possibly happen in this tiny town. 
But Christabel has noticed some mysterious happenings, and it seems like Lucy, her boyfriend Nicholas and his brother Connor are all in on a secret that Christabel doesn't understand—one that seems deadly serious. Although she won't admit it, Christabel would love to be in on any secret with Connor Drake. But when she is kidnapped by the ruthless Hel-Blar vampires, Christabel must cause more and more trouble in Violet Hill, Lucy and Connor finally fill Christabel in on all the undead drama. Together, they must find a way to stamp out the Hel-Blar for good.

My Thoughts:This book is about Connor and Christabel. But we got lots of Lucy as well. And that was awesome cause I missed that girl! We actually didn't get a ton of Connor which kind of surprised me. But he was there. The romance seemed a bit on the lighter side for this one, but that's probably cause there just wasn't much room for it there was so much action. I would say that maybe I would have liked more Connor and more romance but it wasn't a big deal, I loved the book the way it is.

Some things are changing in this one. Lucy's parents are back and they now know about vampires (that's not a spoiler, it happens before the book actually starts) but Christabel does not. Lucy is training so she can defend herself and by the end of the book she's made some big decisions because things just aren't working out. Don't worry though, her Nicholas are just fine! 

Christabel is a great new character but for some reason I feel like I still don't know her real well. Maybe that's because so much of the story was Lucy's I feel like I just didn't get the chance, but what I saw I really liked. She's a big reader, so I obviously can relate to her that way, but she's been through a lot so she had some hidden strength inside her to deal with stuff when crap hits the fan.

Okay, so I loved this book but Alyx, girl you are torturing us! There is a cliffhanger at the end of this one that will have you screaming. I want the next book NOW! 

No comments:

Post a Comment