Saturday, November 26, 2011

Fade (Fade #1)

Fade (Fade, #1)Title: Fade (Fade #1)
Author: Kailin Gow
Rating: 3.5/5
Summary: "My name is Celestra Caine. I am seventeen years old, which makes me a senior at Richmond High. I never thought this would happen to me, but it has... I'm one of those people you see every day, go to school with, remember seeing at the supermarket or the mall, and then one day you don't hear about them any longer. They're gone, and eventually, you forget them."
My Thoughts: I have to admit not reading anything like Fade before. It is thrilling, intriguing and original. It reads like a high concept film with characters who take you through a range of emotions and depth. The heroine is a senior in high school and she finds everything changes when she gets a call that says, "Celestra Caine, you are about to fade." Celestra learns she is special and wanted by two organizations. There is the Underground and then there are the Others. One of them will keep her alive, and the other wants her dead. Jack and Gray provide the hotness and romance of the book. The romance is executed well, and like many fans attest, Gow is a master at creating love triangles that leaves you wanting more.

2 comments: