Monday, November 7, 2011

Crossed (Matched #2)

Crossed (Matched, #2)Title: Crossed (Matched #2)
Author: Ally Condie
Rating: 4/5
SummaryIn search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake.

Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever.
My Thoughts: Crossed, by Ally Condie, is the highly anticipated sequel to Matched. So, I was beyond excited when I got my hands on the book last weekend!
Anyways, my intial reaction upon finishing the book was:
SWEET-POTATO-PIE-ARE-YOU-SERIOUS-I-WANTED-WAIT-WHAT-THE-GAHHHHH!!!!
And now for the book:
Crossed, which is told through both Cassia and Ky's POV's, is such a powerful followup to the first book. I say powerful because we not only find out what's going on in the outer provinces, but we really dive into Ky's backstory, which is incredibly moving and heartbreaking. I also didn't realize how invested I would become in these characters. I really felt for them and was on the edge of my seat the entire time!

Readers should know that we also get some free-flowin' romance between Cassia and Ky! 

I know right?!...FINALLY!!

Like any good dystopian novel, this book poses some interesting questions and really makes you think. There are lots of secrets and stories left to unfold and I can't wait to see how it all plays out in the final book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment