Saturday, April 28, 2012

Pure (Covenant #2)

Pure (Covenant, #2)Title: Pure (Covenant #2)
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Rating: 4.5/5
SummaryThere is need. And then there is Fate... 

Being destined to become some kind of supernatural electrical outlet isn't exactly awesome--especially when Alexandria's "other half" is everywhere she goes. Seth's in her training room, outside her classes, and keeps showing up in her bedroom--so not cool. Their connection does have some benefits, like staving off her nightmares of the tragic showdown with her mother, but it has no effect on what Alex feels for the forbidden, pure-blooded Aiden. Or what he will do--and sacrifice--for her.

When daimons infiltrate the Covenants and attack students, the gods send furies--lesser gods determined to eradicate any threat to the Covenants and to the gods, and that includes the Apollyon... and Alex. And if that and hordes of aether-sucking monsters didn't blow bad enough, a mysterious threat seems willing to do anything to neutralize Seth, even if that means forcing Alex into servitude... or killing her.

When the gods are involved, some decisions can never, ever be undone.
My Thoughts: If you guys follow me for any length of time you know I’m a bit obsessive over Jennifer’s writing. You have no idea how excited I was to read this book. 
This book starts out where the first one ends. The relationships between all the characters are taken to a new level, the action (yes, even that kind of action) is ever present, and the storyline continues to grow. I can’t seriously talk about this book without wanting to give everything away.
Alex and Seth are pretty much joined at the hip and this puts strains on everyone. Alex is one of my absolutely favorite YA heroines. She’s real, strong, fearsome, and yet there is a side to her that’s just a little girl wanting to be loved. I love the contrast and Jennifer does it well. Throughout the whole book, Alex continues to grow and I love seeing her character develop.

What can I possibly say about this book that won't just make me just sound like a raving fan-girl? Hmm...not sure if it's possible to NOT sound that way. Jennifer L. Armentrout simply blows my mind, rocks my world, and makes me question my sanity. POINT: GO READ THE DAMN BOOK NOW! 
P.S. Favorite Quote: “I love your bed." I rolled onto my stomach, smiling. 
"I love it so much I'd marry it if I could."

Seth laughed out loud. "You'd marry my bed?"

"Mmm.” 

2 comments:

  1. I just read Half-Blood not long ago, and can't wait to read this one. I'm hoping Pure takes the next the story to the next level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now Hiring Home Workers Worldwide (11562)
    Earn up to $250 per day working from home
    Companies now hiring worldwide in positions such as typing,
    data entry, writing and more. For more information
    visit (http://www.eazy2earn.com )

    ReplyDelete